- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons honey, agave or maple syrup
- ¼ cup good quality unsweetened cacao powder (can add 1-2 TBSP more for more Dark Chocolate flavor)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Plant milk (I like Cashew)
- 1 cup washed raspberries or strawberries (optional to garnish)
1. Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and put into a small blender or food processor (I used the Vitamix blender). Add the agave, maple syrup or honey, cacao powder, vanilla, salt, and milk. Blend until very smooth. *if too thick as it is blending add more plant milk in 1-tbsp increments at a time until desired consistency. Taste and adjust for desired sweetness. (I used honey as the base sweetener and at the end added 1-2 tsp of maple syrup)
2. Pour mixture into a bowl and chill until ready to serve. Top with fresh raspberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.
When choosing avocados for this dessert, go for the smaller, Hass variety. The large, green, smooth skinned Florida avocados don’t have a creamy enough texture.