Green curry paste:
- 10-12 green chili peppers (I used Serrano, it can be very spicy, reduce the amount if necessary.)
- half big red onion
- 10g ginger
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 – 6 bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans of coconut milk (800ml) (thicker ones can reduce the level of spicy)
- 400ml water
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- two midium size eggplants
- 100g green beans
- 100g mushroom
- 300g deep fried tofu (14oz box is fine)
- some basil leaves
1. blend all the ingredients with one can of coconut milk for the green curry paste with a blender until smooth.
2. pour a can of coconut milk into a pan or a pot. add green curry paste as well.
3. bring to a boil on medium heat.
4. add all the rest of the ingredients except for tofu and basil leaves. keep simmering until all the vegetables are cooked.
5. add deep fried tofu and basil.